Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Left 4 Dead












Date installed: Approximately Nov 2008
Date uninstalled: A few months later



I am a major fan of all things zombies.
Book wise I own The Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z (which is going to be made into a movie soon, fingers crossed on the final result). I also own over a dozen zombie DVDs including my personal favorite, The Return of the Living Dead. So needless to say I was all over this video game when it came out, I had visions of barricading myself in some safe house and battling back a zombie onslaught.

First hiccup with this game was it kept crashing on me very shortly into the game.
Some digging on Google pointed me to the fix which involved editing the shortcut and punching some random crap into the console window, crisis averted.

Game started great, some random zombies busted through a wall which was a nice touch. Seemed to be a good mix of zombie types and I made my way through the first set of missions. The developers decided to reward me with another set of missions eerily reminiscent to the previous ones. Same creatures, same balls-out battle at the end of each level, same everything basically.

I stopped playing the game for a long while and one day just decided to remove it. I'm told it was great in multiplayer but I'm not into that. The game is really repetitive and the gameplay didn't do much for me. It is basically a glorified Half-life mod, damn shame really...
I guess i'm stuck watching zombie clips on youtube till someone releases some zombie stuff worthwhile to enjoy on my PC.

2 comments:

  1. First comment!

    (Don't you hate jackasses that do that?!?!)

    You know what I hate more than those idiots though? Boring repetitive games that crash - this game lasted about 2 days on my PC.

    After I ditched it I heard about the patch to fix my issue. Too late - I was already killing necros on Dead Space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really dropped the ball considering the subject matter IMO.
    I'm pumped to play Dead Rising 2 which is supposed to come to PC.
    I just hope it's released around the same time it hits consoles and that they port it properly.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Deleted Games by Matt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.deletedgames.com.