Wednesday, July 29, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine



Date installed: May 2009
Date uninstalled: Approximately 1 month later



I have yet to see the new Wolverine movie though I do know the plot for most of the film as this movie-tie-in game seems to be fairly true to it's source from my estimates. Good news is I chucked the game before I beat it so it didn't spoil the ending!
I should mention that this game lasted a month and not a week as while playing it my GPU died and I had to do without for 2 weeks while I waited on a RMA. Gigabyte never told me what was wrong but said they replaced the entire card, interesting...

Now it's fairly common knowledge that games based on movies are sh!t but this one is not terrible by any means. I found myself enjoying tearing through people at first and there is some nice looking gore in the game also. There are a ton of combos for you to use but that doesn't save the game from it's repetition.

So I was I assume 2/3rds through the game when I got to a level in the snow where I had to take a bomb off a building and go put it somewhere. The game has a wolverine sense or some sh!t which basically tells you where to go. So I pick up this bomb and walk off the building as per my "sense" and then when I hit the ground the sense is now pointing up, WTF!? So I need to go up now? fine. I go over to a ladder but oh snap, can't climb a ladder with a bomb held over your head. So I try to find another way up and I got nothing so this game had to go. It's possible I missed something but I really hate games that can lead you down a dead end and leave you there. Reminds me of my last play through Fallout 2 and I tossed some critical game item I needed to beat the game and spent an hour backtracking through the damn world trying to find some piece of crap I tossed in the middle of the desert. Judgement day will come for these game designers and I will laugh (Fallout 2 is a great game though).

Quick aside: If you like groove metal then go grab a copy of the new DevilDriver album, it's fantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Deleted Games by Matt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.deletedgames.com.