Sunday, July 12, 2009

Braid*













The whole concept behind this blog is to give me an outlet to complain about the games that have wronged me, but I think it might not be a bad idea to add just a touch of diversity.
If a game comes along that really knocks me on my ass. A game that I would score >= 8/10 then I want to just mention it. Maybe give them a plug and earn them a sale or two while I'm at it. if I can.

I just got finished with Braid and I'm just astounded by it in every way possible. This is a game that is just designed flawlessly, every single pixel is exactly where it should be. That may sound a bit strong but go play the game and post back and tell me I'm full of sh!t if you disagree.

The graphics are not cutting edge, everything looks like it has been hand painted but it looks fantastic. Not many games have a look like this one and that is something to be praised.
The real meat is the gameplay though. Braid takes a simple concept of the traditional platform game and adds so many layers of depth it is mind boggling. This isn't a game that involves going from point A to point B. You are responsible for collecting puzzle pieces in each level and the method you employ to collect these pieces is the genius of the game. Each puzzle piece is it's own unique challenge, this game involves a bit of trail-and-error and a lot of logical thought. Did I mention that you can control the flow of time? Super Mario ain't got sh!t on Braid.

I'm not sure what else to say about the game but anyone who hasn't played this game needs to do so ASAP. You have never played a game like this before and it's time you experience it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Deleted Games by Matt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.deletedgames.com.