Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X



Date installed: Approximately March 2009
Date uninstalled: A few days later



I've never been a big airplane/jet video game player. All my visions of those types of games are overly complicated controls and flying around in circles. There was 1 airborne game I loved once, it's name was Jungle Strike and it rocked the Sega Genesis' balls!

Anyways on to this game, yet another game with Tom Clancy's named pasted on it. I suppose this should make me want to play it but unless his named is followed by 'Rainbow Six Vegas' then I'm not usually that impressed. I still decided to try the game out as it looked like a arcady jet game and I had read some good things about it.

Now I mentioned complicated controls and I was promised that I wouldn't need some sort of homo airsim setup which was true but the controls on the PC really kicked my ass. I tried with a PS2 controller as well and that was an improvement but still no damn good.
I got a few missions into the game and then I had to defend an airplane (I hate defending anything in a video game) and the thing get getting destroyed. I gave the level a few go rounds and said to hell with it and just tossed the game from the hd.

Once again I have decided to go back to my abstinence of all games flying related. Now of course if they ever make 'Zombie Strike', then I will have to reconsider my position...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Deleted Games by Matt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.deletedgames.com.